5 Ways to Make Your Blog Unique
We all know the more your blog stands out, the better it is for you to achieve your working goals whether that is to ultimately become a better writer, earn money working with brands, or partner with companies on unique projects . The more unique your blog the better for all three prospects. Why? The answer is simple. People who want to hire you will remember your blog and you when your blog doesn’t fade into the unending sea of fellow bloggers. Being remembered is critically important as the sheer number of blogs seems to have quadrupled over the past few years. There are a lot of blogs to compete with so standing out gives you a decided advantage over your competition.
How do you do stand out and create a unique voice for your blog? Below are five simple tips to make it happen.
1. Define Your Niche: So many people swear by niches and I also wholeheartedly believe in writing from the perspective of what you naturally gravitate toward whether that is travel or food, personal stories, or technology. Your blog will thrive as soon as you define what you are passionate about. Allowing your passion to shine through helps brands understand your voice and perspective. It also allows readers with specific interests find and follow you.
What if you love a ton of things and you want to blog about them all? In this case I recommend that you diligently break out your interests into categories and tags and feature your various niches where they are easy to find.
2. Undergo a Redesign: Never underestimate the power of a beautiful blog. You would be surprised how many brands want to be connected with bloggers who own an aesthetically appealing blog. A beautiful blog allows brands and partners stand out, not to mention it tells potential partners that you believe in putting forth a professional appearance. Brands want to work with bloggers who believe in investing in their online properties. Plus a well-designed blog allows your blog to be distinct and memorable. That’s what you want!
If you are in need of a major overhaul consider hiring one of these 20 women designers who will rock your blog. An example of a blog that is aesthetically appealing, doesn’t look like any blog I have seen and is simply gorgeous is Chookooloonks.com. Visit Karen’s blog for inspiration and to glean an idea about how your blog’s design can help you stand out from the crowd.
3. Hone Your Voice: There is much to be said about a well-crafted post. Great writing will automatically set you apart from other bloggers. It’s true. Think of some of the bloggers you love to read. You probably love reading them because their posts speak to you in a decidely unique way.
There are some bloggers who can turn an ordinary product review into a masterpiece and keep you coming back for more. There are bloggers who can take you on a journey through their experiential writing.
Strive to improve your writing by taking unique perspectives and finding new and innovative ways to share your story. Your readers will appreciate it and will keep you from blending into the forgettable land.
We are working with the hottest new-weight loss product around (even Bravo’s Millionaire Matchmaker star Patti Stanger lost 30lbs on it!) – SENSA®, a doctor-formulated, clinically-approved weight-loss system that you simply sprinkle on your food (it has no taste). As you eat, SENSA® helps safely and effectively curb your appetite so you lose weight without feeling deprived. We are looking for moms who are trying to lose weight for a special occasion or time in their life, and want to do so with one of the easiest weight-loss systems around. You can sign up here if you’re interested in being part of this fun and rewarding campaign!
4. Just Add Photos: Whomever coined the phrase “a picture is worth a thousand words” knew what they were talking about. Readers love photos as they essentially tell your story. Take as many photos as you can for your posts. You may have a basic point and shoot camera and that is perfectly fine. You may also love your Instagram photos, or your DSLR masterpieces. Whatever its form, make sure to add photos to your blog. Flickr is perfect for highlighting your photos and then adding your personal feed to your blog. Visit Tracey Clark’s blog and Chookooloonks.com again for photo inspiration.
5. Star in Video: One thing I have learned over the years is the more people know who you are, the more popular you become. One of the things that sets savvy bloggers apart is their use of video blogging. I am not a huge vlogger. In fact, I hate being on video, but I do know its power. Bloggers who use vlogging beautiful are Audrey McClellan and Molly Gold. Check them out and see how powerful video is for their brands and how it makes them stand out even more in the blogosphere.
In all, the more creative you are on your blog the more unique your blog is. Adding a few components to your blog will absolutely make your blog stand out from the crowd. Remember you want to move towards standing out, not being forgettable.