Epson Artisan 835 Fills Your Home Business Needs With Ease
The Epson Artisan 835 All-in-One printer fits the needs of my business. Here is a sample of some of the tasks that the Artisan 835 does for my business:
- Scan in pictures and documents
- Send faxes
- Print pictures
- Print pictures directly from my iPad or iPhone
- Print graph paper or lined paper
- Scan in and print contracts.
- Prints on a CD or DVD for labeling backups.
- Print from any of our computers in the house
That list is just a small portion of what the Artisan 835 can do. You can find a full list of the tasks the Epson Artisan 835 can do at the Epson website.
Using the Epson Artisan 835
The Epson Artisan 835 was easy to set up. I did run into one problem when connecting the printer to our wireless network, but I went to the Epson online support and found the answer and had it working quickly. I got to work testing all the features:
- I printed pictures from both my iPad and iPhone with the Epson iPrint app. Pictures print in about 10 seconds and the colors were true to life. Keeping both 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper and 4×6 photo paper in the tray at all times is a time saver.
- I needed graph paper to plan out a new blog design, so I printed a sheet of graph paper with the “Print Ruled Papers” button on the 7.8″ lit-up panel. I were concerned that it would be hard to see the lines on the graph paper, but it looked just like the graph paper I had bought previously. It printed from edge to edge.
- A new contract was waiting to be scanned in and e-mailed. I scanned the black and white document, added the document to my USB drive and emailed it. The scan was easy to read. It scans at 4800 dpi and 48 bit color.
- I was working on a new craft project for a blog post, my 2011 vision board. I couldn’t find all the pictures in magazines, so I searched the internet and printed pictures from my computer to the Epson Artisan 835. The print resolution is 5760 x 1440 dpi and prints in both color and black and white. I like that there are 6 individual ink cartridges. If the light blue runs out, you replace the light blue.
- Sometimes when in a hurry, I want to print a picture straight from my camera or a USB flash drive without uploading to my camera first. The Epson Artisan 835 has slots for memory cards or a USB device. You can make corrections to the picture right on the color panel before printing. Saves a lot of time.
- I made copies of my daily To Do template. It will print up to 99 copies and up to a legal size sheet of paper. It includes an automatic document feeder and 2-sided printing.
- Printing from both a Mac and a PC through my wireless network. With 8 computers in the house, I need to be able to print from any of those computers from anywhere in the house. Connecting the Artisan 835 through our wireless network allows me to do that.
The Epson Artisan 835 has been able to handle all the printing, copying, scanning, and faxing needs of my business. It does so quickly and with high quality results. It has very quickly become the most used gadget in my home business.
Each time I find a new feature on the Artisan 835, I get really excited. It does more than I thought a printer could ever do. I recommend the Epson Artisan 835 for anyone looking for a high quality All-in-One device for your home business.
The Epson Artisan 835 All-in-One retails for $299. It’s well worth the investment. I found the ink cartridges at the Epson store for $15.99 for the high capacity and $10.09 for the lower capacity cartridges.
Disclosure: I was sent the Epson Artisan 835 All-in-One printer in exchange for this review. All opinions are 100% my own.